Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oat Raisin Bundt Cake

This is a recipe I found the other day when I was looking for recipes and we had no eggs. It was good (we actually had it for breakfast today!), but it was a bit crumbly. This recipe uses vinegar instead of eggs, so I think next time I make it (which may be today) I think I'll use an egg instead of the tablespoon of vinegar.

I took a picture of this cake, but haven't uploaded it yet - so maybe later.

*Update: I made it with an egg instead of vinegar, and it was better and not so crumbly. I have changed the recipe and also uploaded a picture.*

Oat Raisin Bundt Cake (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from Madhuram's Eggless Cooking.






2 cups buttermilk, milk or water
1 cup oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats (quick cooking)
1 to 2 cups raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
confectioner’s sugar, for dusting (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F./190 C. for 15 minutes. Lightly grease a bundt pan.

In a large bowl whisk together the milk, oil, egg and the brown sugar. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well until blended. Fold in the oats, raisins, and walnuts, if desired.

Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake it for 45-50 minutes, until done when tested with a toothpick or fork. Leave the pan undisturbed for 10 minutes and invert it onto a plate to cool it down completely.
Dust the cake with confectioner’s sugar.




~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!