Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert Pizza

I've made up 3 dessert pizzas (fruit, chip [posting later] and this one), and they said this was the best one, and definitely a keeper. They also said it tasted like cheesecake, thus the name.


Topped with cocoa and chopped white almond bark



Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert Pizza
Hanunyah Creation


Crust:
1/4 cup lard
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon guar gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda + 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (or 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, if not corn-free)
1 1/4 cups flour


Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup lard
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 to 1/3 cup cream cheese*
cocoa (optional)
chopped white almond bark (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all of the crust ingredients. Spread in a greased round baking pan (I use a 11 inch stoneware baking pan). You may need to add a teaspoon or two of water (before spreading in the pan) for easier spreading. Bake in preheated oven for about 9 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.

2. For the sauce, combine the brown sugar and milk. Stir until dissolved, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the lard. Beat until thick, and set aside. Spread 1/2 cup of peanut butter over the crust, then cream cheese, then the brown sugar sauce, and swirl around a bit with a knife.



Notes:
*Cream cheese - I used 1/4 cup over the peanut butter, then a little more on the top. They said it had a good cream cheese flavor, and my sister was suprised when I told her I only used about 1/4 cup.




~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!