Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The BEST Fluffy GAPS Pancakes (so far)

Jenny, a (goat) kid.
Yet another grain-free recipe. It's good though, since my grain-free followers have been a bit neglected of recipes from me lately. But, nobody would know if I didn't say - I don't eat but only a couple of the recipes I've made and posted here. That's why I took the blog name "Starvin' Chef". (My family suggested that name. They were making jokes that I'd shrivel away without them ;) ). Don't feel compelled to click on that link. Let me tell you - that blog is not very pretty right now. It's a Starvin' Blog as far as beauty goes. It just needs a little work when I get to it. Ok, ok . . .

Now this is what, the fourth GAPS pancake recipe on this blog? But it's the best so far. Not to mention the easiest, too.

Nice and fluffy, lightly sweet pancakes with a touch of cinnamon - yum! These do not require a whole lot of almond flour, therefore are not dense, and are healthy with so many eggs.

So, to my GAPS visitors ~ enjoy some healthy sweetness today with this quick and easy recipe!

This recipe is "Starvin' Chef" approved ;).

Fluffy and Sweet Pancakes (GAPS, Grain, Sugar, Soy, Dairy, etc. Free)

5 eggs
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups almond meal/flour, approximately
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda*

Whisk all ingredients together well, adding flour as needed. Cook on a pan or griddle with some coconut oil, flipping pancake to cook through.**

Notes:
*Since baking soda, on the GAPS diet, is not supposed to be used in excessive amounts, I'm sure you could omit it and be just fine.
**We usually make small pancakes (probably about 3 inches across), but if you make them bigger you may have more flipping problems.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!