Friday, December 30, 2011

Bit O' Cocoa Cookies



One last recipe for 2011. Little cookies with a bit o' cocoa, they are just perfect for winter. Accompanied by some hot cocoa, a extra bit o' cocoa could just brighten one's day coming in from the chilly winter morning. Plus, being easy with only 5 basic ingredients, you can whip these up quick.
     Although, we have had a SUPER mild winter . . . very warm. It was over 60 degrees F when we went ice-skating the other day! - as opposed to our winter (here in OK) last year - we already had snow in November. Though the winter is not over yet - it could get cold here on us hard and fast.


     So, to the recipe . . . I wanted a chocolate cookie that didn't spread much and would hold together really well - for ice-cream sandwiches. Solution - don't use leavening, little lard, and use several eggs because they do wonders for holding things together. It was first-time success.


Bit O' Cocoa Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Corn, Gum-free)
Hanunyah Creation

1/4 cup lard
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
3 eggs
1/2 cup oat flour
1 1/2 cups rice flour (or other GF flour)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Beat together the lard, sugar, cocoa and eggs. Add the flours.

3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets, or for more uniform cookies roll into balls (flouring your hands), and flatten out a little.

4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until set and the edges start to lightly brown.


~ Hanunyah

1 comment:

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!