Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The last couple days


Monday I awoke to hearing that my brother had got his first deer. I made 4 batches of granola bars (which came out to be 40 bars) for my brother that left to CA yesterday morning. I also made candied almonds (recipe coming soon, Lord willing). We did the animal chores and waited for a load of 37 goats and a couple sheep to arrive. We then went to the neighbor's for dinner.

We got up earlier than usual yesterday morning to say bye to my brother - with his ice-chest packed with fruit and nut granola bars, oranges and a couple jars of dressing. After doing the animals, it was nice to see that one of the does we just got had kidded to a big boy. A chilly afternoon of dancing out in the cold (winter has arrived!) with my wild family a run with two of my sisters. Last night my sister tried out a new recipe for oatmeal biscuits and I made a pan of brownies.


After all, the busier time of the year (and the new year!) is fast approaching. I'm planning on stocking up on some kitchen goodies, and hopefully I'll be back with a recipe or two.

~ Hanunyah

P.S. Wondering why my family and I don't celebrate Christmas? This explains it: http://www.atruechurch.info/christmas.html


1 comment:

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!