Friday, February 18, 2011

Candied Orange Peels

Ummmmm . . . . . I've been a slacker at posting here!! Sorry!

No reason for orange (or lemon or grapefruit) peels to go to waste! These are pretty good, and aren't bitter if you boil them 3 times.

Candied Citrus Peel
Adapted from http://www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com/

Carefully cut orange peel in strips, place in saucepan in cold water, and bring to boil. Repeat process three times, then measure orange peel and add equal quantity of sugar and hot water. Cook until pulp is translucent. Remove from syrup; roll in sugar; place on plates to dry.







~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!